About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jenn is annoyed

December 24th, 2009

So, this is the first Christmas Eve where I have had to work a late shift at work.
This is the first Christmas Eve that the company I work for didn't let employees leave early.
I realize that this is a regular business day, Thursday December 24.
For most people, this is no big deal. For me, working until 8pm on Christmas Eve means that I miss out on celebrating Christmas with my family.
I will probably make it to my parents' house by 9pm. The food will be all picked through, and the good stuff will be gone. Presents will have been opened and everyone will be winding down.
If I'm lucky, my older nieces and nephews (the ones that are away at college, or living on their own) will still be hanging around, and not rushing off to meet with their friends after spending time with "The Fam".

You might be wondering: "Won't they wait for you to get there before commencing the festivities!?"
The answer is "Probably not."
"Won't they wait to open presents!?"
"Most definitely not."

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment