About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Favorite Quote

This week's Thursday Blog Topic comes from Shara @ Desperate Madness



"What is your favorite quote & why?"



Other contributors to the Thursday Blog are:

Melissa @ Merryland Girl

Tracey @ Froggie Knits Like Crazy



This one was easy, although I am sure it will be a brief blog post.

My favorite quote is: "Necessity, who is the mother of invention." from Plato
It's so true, so many things in life have come about because someone needed it.
To a lesser extent, I could quote Big Weld, from the animated movie "Robots" as he said "See a need, fill a need" even though this quote was originally made by Mary Howell.

I find myself quite often saying "Necessity is the mother of invention!", especially when fashioning some rudimentary tool to complete a task.
I don't really have too much to say on this post, as I feel that the quote itself is self-explanatory.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I never gave that quote much thought before but it definitely makes sense.

    ReplyDelete