About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

With a rebel yell, she cried mo', mo', mo'

I have a few friends who knit and blog and we've decided to embark on a blog project that has nothing to do with knitting. We're going to take turns coming up with a topic every Thursday and we each have to blog about it by the end of that day and post links to each other's blogs so that people can see our different perspectives on the same topic.
-Thanks to Merryland Girl for this explanation of the Thursday Blog Project.

This week's topic comes from me!
"Tell me about a time when you were rebellious - whether it be from your parents, a boss or even "The Man"."

Other contributors to the Thursday Blog Project are:

So, this evening while contemplating this blog and chatting with Tracey (Froggie Knits Like Crazy) it dawned on me that I wasn't very rebellious as a teen or now.
I did the usual crazy teen stuff.
I suppose I will give you a glimpse into my "wild side".
Not very many folks outside my immediate social circle know this, but now the whole internets will know: I used to smoke pot.
It all started in high school, when I succumbed to peer pressure.
I spent many nights, high as a kite and hiding from my mom.
I have to admit that I really enjoyed it, I felt more level headed, albeit, a little paranoid.
It was in my rebellious teen years when I was into whatever trouble I could get into. Granted, nowadays, I hardly regard smoking marijuana and skipping a few days of school as being that bad but at the time, it sure was.
Like most self-destructive phases, I grew out of it. It did resurface several years later, when I started a job that required me to be up very early, and I was having a hard time going to sleep at night. After awhile, it just phased itself out.
So there you go. The extent of my rebellion was that I used to smoke pot.


1 comment:

  1. Rock on with your bad self. :) Never did it myself, but I'd know the smell of it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete