About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Virtual Friendships

I have a few friends who knit and blog and we've decided to embark on a blog project that has nothing to do with knitting. We're going to take turns coming up with a topic every Thursday and we each have to blog about it by the end of that day and post links to each other's blogs so that people can see our different perspectives on the same topic.
-Thanks to Merryland Girl for this explanation of the Thursday Blog Project.



This week's topic comes from Melissa @ Merryland Girl

What is the longest relationship you've had with someone whom you've never met in person? (Talk about how you met, what your friendship has been like, etc.) Do you think you'll ever get to meet them?

addendum to the topic....if you don't have such a relationship (or have already talked about it in a different blog), please write about the strangest way you have ever met someone and what your friendship with them is like (different from the unexpected friendship question from our first topic ever).



Other contributors to The Thursday Blog Project are:





Wow. Can it be? A blog topic in which I have nothing to contribute?

I have never maintained more than an acquaintance-level friendship with someone I've never met in real life before doing this blog project.

I have to say that my virtual friendships happen in reverse - case in point - Melissa: I met her through a mutual friend and thanks to Facebook, we've remained in touch even though she is now in MD.
The same goes for my friends, Laura & Angeli, we met as co-workers at Washington Mutual - Laura moved to NV and Angeli moved to the city and we all still stayed in touch via the internet and would visit whenever they came to town.
I can say that I look forward to finally meeting Tracey & Shara! Tracey has graciously invited me to join her at her Thursday Knit Night and if I can ever get my act together I would love to join her!
And as for Shara - I can't believe we live in the same town and haven't met yet!
Soon!

1 comment: