About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"We can work it out, we gonna work it out baby"

I have a few friends who knit and blog and we've decided to embark on a blog project that has nothing to do with knitting. We're going to take turns coming up with a topic every Thursday and we each have to blog about it by the end of that day and post links to each other's blogs so that people can see our different perspectives on the same topic.
-Thanks to Merryland Girl for this explanation of the Thursday Blog Project.

This week's topic comes from...Shara @ Desperate Madness:
What is your favorite thing to do when you are down and out/having a bad day?

Other contributors to the Thursday Blog Project are:

This may seem odd, but...I rarely get down.
I get into "Funks" as my mom describes them. "Funks" are intermittent periods of time in which I am feeling not like myself - it's usually emotional, as I have my own patented remedy relief from all common physical illnesses (I take baths, for the sole purpose of napping in the bathwater - don't mock me, I swear it works. And for the record, I have obviously never drowned, although the thought has crossed my mind.)
During these "Funks", I may or may not have a "Pity Party" for myself. I have also been known in my younger days to be a "Wendy Whiner".
"Funks" are a close relation to "Having a bug up one's ass" - I get those a lot.
During said "Funks" I don't really do anything different than I usually would. I go to work, watch TV, knit, what have you. I don't really do anything specific in regards to "Funk Removal", it just dissipates. Sometimes it's an hour, sometimes its a few days.
Charmingly Random brand "Funks" are short-lived. I think I have some kind of ADD that allows me to recover from things faster than other people.
I just can't stay down, and approach my "Funks" as hurdles to jump over to get back to feeling like me again.
Maybe that's what it is - I just don't like feeling bad.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel bad. In my case, I work through the "Funk" by identifying what caused it. Once I have figured out the WHY of the "Funk", it's not too long after that the "Funk" has gone.

To any readers in a "Funk", I'd like to offer this:

PS - After I added the Dave song, I realized that usually I listen to a little bit of Dave during a "Funk". Dave always makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you have a plan of action. :) when i saw your subject line, i thought of the beatles. i actually had that song of theirs in my head the other night. psychic much? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! :) Listening to music is a great way to get out of a funk!! I'm glad you are generally happy! That helps create a happy atmosphere for those around you, for sure!

    ReplyDelete