About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

And if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around

I have a few friends who knit and blog and we've decided to embark on a blog project that has nothing to do with knitting. We're going to take turns coming up with a topic every Thursday and we each have to blog about it by the end of that day and post links to each other's blogs so that people can see our different perspectives on the same topic.
-Thanks to Merryland Girl for this explanation of the Thursday Blog Project.

This week's topic comes from...Melissa @ Merryland Girl:
what is your theme song? (if possible, share lyrics or a link to a website where people can play the song.)

Other contributors to the Thursday Blog Project are:

My theme song? That's easy: The Best Of What's Around - Dave Matthews Band

Dave's (yes, in my mind we are on a first name basis) lyrics always have a way of luring me in with familiarity.
There are so many of his songs that speak to me, and The Best of What's Around really appeals to the uber-optimist in me.
I am, in fact, dangerously optimistic. I have yet to determine if this is really such a bad thing, as historically speaking, things *do* work out for the best for me.
Sure, I have struggles. I suffer from the blahs, and get down and out (feel free to insert any other cliches here)
I truly think that the thing that gets me through is my perpetual belief that "everything's gonna be alright".
Most importantly, this song reminds me of my best friend, Christy, especially this verse:
See you and me Have a better time than most can dream Have it better than the best So we can pull on through Whatever tears at us Whatever holds us down And if nothing can be done We'll make the best of what's around
It's really a nod to our early 20's, when we would get ourselves into some crazy shenanigans, but it didn't matter 
the trouble we got into, we had each other.
Also, I find Dave Matthews to be incredibly attractive, in a completely non-sexual way.
I often have very odd dreams of him and I performing good deeds and having a good time.
Like I said. Odd.
And, without further ado, here is a link for your listening pleasure.
And here are the complete lyrics (which may or may not be the same as what you hear in the version I posted
the link to, Dave has a penchant for improvising when lyrics slip his mind)

1 comment: