About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Anti-social Networking

Topical Tuesday is a weekly blog in which 4 people contribute their view on a single topic.

My fellow bloggers are:

Shara
Sara
Wendy

This week's topic was my own, and is presented to you late...please forgive me!
"What is your preferred method of social networking?"

Is it possible to both loathe and love Facebook?
I keep a tight ship and only have people as friends on FB whom I am interested in hearing about. I regularly "cull the herd" and remove people I am no longer in contact with, or people who don't post anything to keep my interest. I have also deleted people who's statuses are a barrage of negativity or crazy conspiracy theories - I have no time for this.
In a perfect world, I wish I wasn't so attached to FB and had the guts to just quit it altogether. However, I find myself compelled to post my random pics and statuses for mine and other's enjoyment. I aspire to migrate to Google+ eventually, as I would like to sort who does and doesn't see certain things.
I sometimes feel that FB is too much of a commitment to maintain, I think that I am probably just thinking too much into it...

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! I'm a FB junkie. We need to start an 12-step program, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You've done a great job of summarizing my own opinion in about 200 words LESS! I do love NOT reading any one's posts on our Tuesday Blog Project until I've submitted my own; and your's is perfectly composed. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's interesting how everyone sees facebook differently. thanks for sharing the methods to your facebooking and i'm glad you're still on there!

    ReplyDelete