About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Baby, baby, let me sleep on it, I'll give you an answer in the morning!"

Happy Topical Tuesday!




Topical Tuesday is a weekly blog in which 4 people contribute their view on a single topic.


My fellow bloggers are:








This week's topic is courtesy of Wendy!

"What do you do to personally RE-BOOT?" When you're over-stressed, underpaid, overwhelmed and just depleted all all energy and enthusiasm, what do you do to get yourself internally re-charged and powered back up?"


Those who know me personally can confirm that I believe SLEEP is the cure for EVERYTHING. (Think Gus with the Windex from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding")

Having a bad day? Take a nap!
Feel like you're coming down with something? Take a nap!
The world and all it's inhabitants clearly have it out for you? You guessed it, take a nap!

When I am down and out, and feel like I am at the end of my rope - it is generally as a result of some sort of sleep deprivation. I am sure this applies to most humans, when I am tired - I can't focus, things get forgotten. Obligations are not met - this leads to me feeling completely overwhelmed and out of control, weepy and utterly without the ability to reason (Think 3 year old that missed their nap)
When I am well-rested, all faculties are restored. Mountains resume their existence as molehills, and I can think clearly again.

As I get older (wiser, better?) and anticipate what my life will be like when I have children, I imagine I will need to find a new way to reboot when sleep-deprived. In my experience, children are not generally keen to "Be good while mommy takes a nap".

3 comments:

  1. Love it! As a confirmed night-owl that still holds down a day job, lack of sleep surely must be part of the problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh - yes, I for SURE miss naps!! :) Every once in a while the kids allow me to rest for a few minutes on the couch, but it's never enough!! It'll be nice when they are teens and sleep all day! Maybe then I'll be able to catch up! LOL!! Great way to reboot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to nap all the time and now i sometimes nap on shabbat if i'm able to. i napped when the baby was napping, thus rendering myself unproductive. the boys won't nap now so we do "quiet time" where they have to do some quiet activity in their room for a while.

    ReplyDelete