About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello Again!

I have come out of hibernation to blog!


Shara proposed that we bring the blog project back! It's a little different this time around, we have some new bloggers added to the mix! Welcome Sara & Wendy to Topical Tuesdays!



This week's topic is courtesy of Shara, who asks:

"What do you like to do to keep cool on a hot day?"



Oh boy, Shara! I don't think this topic could be much more topical!



Well, the past few weeks in northern IL have been pretty darn hot! Today was no exception!

I wish I could say that I take advantage of the warmth, truth is - I HATE to be sweaty.

On a sweltering summer day, you can find me poolside or in my makeshift "meat locker" of a bedroom.

I am fortunate to have family in the vicinity with pools & my husband, Kosta, got so tired of me complaining about how hot it was in our bedroom and even though we have central air, he bought us a window air conditioner.

Yesterday, I got up a little earlier than usual for a Sunday because I knew it was going to be a hot one. I mowed the lawn, then Kosta and I went for a run - and I can't tell you how awesome it was to pop in the shower, then lounge on the bed for the afternoon in the delicious, crisp AC.











3 comments:

  1. Love that you convinced your husband to buy a window AC for your bedroom. I don't know what I would do without mine! (course I don't have central... but my bedroom IS the best / coolest place of my house). Happy Topical Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!!!!! I agree with Wendy! How did you convince him to do that? I need Aaron to buy me a window air conditioner for nighttime!! LOL!!! Awesome!! Keep cool, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's good that you have access to a lot of pools. the ones here are pricey to belong to and we don't go enough anyway. the kids play in water at camp. i used to love cold showers on really hot days.
    welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete