About Me

My photo
New year, new format.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Topical Tuesday is a weekly blog in which 4 people contribute their view on a single topic.

My fellow bloggers are:

Shara
Sara
Wendy


This week, Sara asks: "I want to know if given the chance would you want to go back and relive your high school glory days???.."

I have been composing this blog in my head all week, and have put so many spins on it.

My high school days were most certainly not my "glory days" (that title goes to my early 20's - but has been aptly renamed "my would-be college years" since I never went to college.)
Looking back on high school, I don't even have the fuzzy selective memories of having so much fun & having awesome friends that some folks do - subconsciously blocking out the time you farted during study hall and that guy you had a crush on laughed at you - for the record, that never happened to me...I had plenty of embarrassing things happen to me but was fortunate that they were not of the body-function variety.

If I get to relive high school, do I have to relive it and hope it's better the second time around or do I get to have the knowledge I've gained in the 14 years since graduating?
If I had to go back and do it again as the stupid teenager I was, I can guarantee that I would get the same result as the first time around. And going back as a stupid teenager with a 32 year old's wisdom? I don't think I could tolerate it.

You know how they say that every choice you've made in your life brings you to where you are now? I LOVE my life now. I spent so many years being sad and miserable, what if I relived high school and made a different decision and as a result, I never met my husband?

Yeah, it's possible that different choices could have led me somewhere better, someone I loved just as much as I love Kosta, a job that I love that pays more? It's a gamble, and rather than risk losing what I love so much for something better than may not even be better - I will pass on reliving high school and choose to live the here & now instead.


2 comments:

  1. i totally agree. i can look back on high school and either laugh or cringe (or maybe even sigh and smile sometimes) but i'm enjoying my adult life so much more than i ever thought possible. i'd only go back just to laugh at everyone who was mean to me and tell them how they don't matter now and that i would never friend them on facebook, even if i became super famous or something and they begged me to friend them. :) (i'm not bitter or anything. i just love making people squirm if they deserve it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEAR HEAR!!! I agree Jenn. It was a rough time for me, and I wouldn't ever go back!! At least we know we weren't the only ones!

    ReplyDelete